Popular Posts

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Actually, i'm only...

I'm Only 


Blood paints itself on my body 
I am only a canvas 
Hidden from the rest of the world 
My painter is a shy man 

Scars kiss my sunken skin 
I am only a soldier 
They are my tattoos 
Memories of my battles lay within black ink 

Hollowed puppets of flesh and bone take form 
I am only a shadow 
A distorted copy of the original thing 
A darker alternate 

Amongst dark corners voices sing 
I am only ears 
To the sadness that leaks 
From their haunted tune 

Hands dance skilfully with the side of my face 
I am only an object 
Thrown about 
A pawn in a stubborn man's game 

Pain eats me alive 
I am only a victim 
At mercy to the merciless 
Hanging by a thread 

The world dissipates into a gloomy haze 
I am only a dreamer 
Eyes closed when they are needed open 
Shutting everything out, blackness 

Pieces of me splayed across the floor 
I am only human 
All my broken parts bleed defeat 
There is only so much I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment